La Delegación de ACNUR en Málaga oferta un puesto de trabajo. El plazo para presentar la candidatura finaliza el 27 de julio
Aquí os dejamos la oferta de empleo para trabajar en ACNUR que nos ha llegado esta misma mañana:
“In the context of the Syria crisis and expected displacement and onward movements in the region and other countries in conflict in Africa, the number of persons of concern to UNHCR arriving to Spain is likely to continue to rise, both by sea and land. A steady notable increase of sea arrivals of around 40% has been the trend in the past two years over arrivals in 2013 and previous years, and while the profile of sea arrivals is not static, UNHCR has regularly identified protection needs in these mixed flows including an increasing number of arrivals of women and children.
In the current Spanish context, the permanent presence of UNHCR/UNOPS staff at the Andalusian coast, based in Málaga to cover three main points of sea arrivals (Málaga/Motril/Almería) will be highly instrumental to ensure adequate identification and referral to asylum procedures or adequate channels of all arrivals in need of international protection, applying an age, gender and diversity (AGD) approach as well as to build awareness and promote sustainable structures for the authorities to get engaged and lead this work in near future.
– University Degree in Law or related field (required);
– Excellent command of Spanish and very good English (requierd); French and/or Arabic (desirable):
– Computer literacy (required).
b. Work Experience
– Good knowledge of international human rights law and refugee law, including EU asylum law and institutions, Spanish asylum and migration legal framework, trafficking in human beings legal framework and protection mechanisms and child protection mechanisms including BID procedures (required);
– Relevant job experience (minimum 4 years required);
– Good knowledge of AGDM methodologies, or similar (required);
– Experience in capacity building to external partners (highly desirable);
– Experience in the Spanish asylum/migration system (desirable);
– Experience in border monitoring projects (desirable);
– Experience in refugee status determination procedures and quality assurance mechanisms (desirable).
c. Key Competencies
– Excellent skills to manage relations with external partners (required);
– Strong interpersonal and cross cultural skills and flexibility (required);
– Capability for change and to adapt to different situations (required);
– Excellent drafting skills in Spanish and very good English drafting (required).
Starting Date: September 2016
Envisaged Duration: until 31 December 2016
Envisaged Duty Station: Málaga, Spain
Type of contract: UNOPS Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA) terms and conditions. Please be aware that it will bes a local contract for which having a valid working permit in Spain is required.
Closing date for applications: 27 July 2016